"The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it" - Doris Day
Let's enjoy some comments from my littles:
"You were born in the 1900's??"
Ummmm...technically yes...but...that just makes me sound ancient. Ok, so being born in the "70's" doesn't sound a whole lot better but still...
"That is a lot of old"
Yes son.... yes it is.
They are adorable aren't they.... 😏
A few things I have learned so far:
- Life can knock the wind out of you and leave you GASPING for air...but those are things that can make you stronger.
- Dark chocolate is better.
- I can't control everything...figuring out how to let go is really hard.
- Having corndogs in the freezer can be a meal on those really bad nights. (And the kids rejoice)
- Being a mom and wife is hard....like REALLY hard....like INSANELY hard. But OH SO worth it!
- It's ok to wear a messy bun 90% of the time.
- When my kids were toddlers time did not speed by like they said it would. Once they started hitting school age...it hit warp speed.
- Life is really good when I am grateful.
So as C.S. Lewis said, "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." I am ready to let time teach me more.
"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened" - Jennifer Yane